- It basically is lying to your kid, no matter how you slice it, and I don't like the idea of lying to my kid.
- I don't want anything to take the focus off of Jesus and His wonderful story of coming to earth, being born in a manger, etc..., and a kid so focused on Santa coming, can sometimes lose focus of the Reason for the season.
- I wouldn't want any confusion between the Santa story not being real, and the story of Christ being real when they are old enough to start understanding.
- It was how I was raised, and believe me, my brother and I looked forward to Christmas morning just as much as any other kid!
- You shouldn't have to hold being good for "santa" over your kids if they are misbehaving before Christmas...we should expect good behavior year round!
OK, now I am off my soap box. I hope I haven't offended too many people with my rambling! Just putting in my two cents into the blog world...lol :o)