Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kitchen Adventures

Last week I was able to spend 4 days cooking, and trying new dishes.  Everything was fun and yummy!  It was such a treat to cook so much after being gone on vacation.  I love trying new things!

First up was this amazing Fig/Asparagus/Pancetta pizza my friend Elaine invented.  It was to die for!  Perfect balace of sweet (figs, cranberries, etc..), and salty (pancetta).  I LOVE gourmet pizzas.  There are so many combos you can come up with.  Here is a link to the recipe.

Yum!

Next up were these simple yet yummy Chinese noodles.  They had a very mild flavor so Matthew enjoyed them.  Lot's of veggies too, which I like!  Here is a link to the recipe.

It took a bit of hunting, but I did find the "Chinese Egg Noodles", called for in the recipe...


Mmmmm....

Matthew going for it...


On Father's Day, I made a beautiful and yummy tomato/mozzarella platter.  I have used this recipe for several years, and it never dissapoints.  I love the addition of roasted peppers, and the garlicy/herb dressing you drizzle over the top.  Here is the link to the recipe.


Drooling...

The last thing I made was these yummy fish taco's.  Sorry, no recipe, I just kind of added things that sounded good.  I used fresh tilapia filets, and fried them in a beer batter.  Made a cucumber/cream sauce, pico de gallo, and added shredded cabbage and sliced avacados.  All on a lightly fried corn tortilla. They were really good, but don't know when I'll make them again.  A lot of work for just me in the house who likes fish...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl everytime i visit your page i get so hungry! it doesn't help that it's 10pm! what am i going to do now!? we are copying your fish taco's this week! i'll let you know how they turn out!

Laura said...

that pizza looks awesome! and so does the fish taco - I love those but I've never made them since I'm sure I would be the only one partaking;)

Elaine said...

So glad you liked the pizza! Once I get back from vacation I'll get that recipe posted. Looks like you had a great week of fun in the kitchen...after a week of restaurants, I'm ready to get back to my kitchen!

Heather said...

Yummo! You are quite the cook! You have one very lucky family.