Monday, February 28, 2011

Matthew's Train 3rd Birthday Party

Matthew had a very fun "train" themed birthday party this past Thursday evening.  A special thank you to all the friends and family who helped out.  He had a great evening celebrating his birthday.

The awesome cake by my friend Kynda!  She does incredible work.  It is a two tiered vanilla cake; top layer has a raspberry cream filling, the bottom has a cookies and cream filling; butter cream frosting, and marshmallow fondant accents...

Close up of the train going around the bottom...

It was made to match the invitation...

Here is the birthday boy wearing the cute train shirt my friend Megan made.  Notice the "smoke" is a #3...

Here is the table scape.  I used the same fabric to cover the box "cake stand".  I was proud that I only spent about $11 on decorations (not including the cake)!  This included the fabric, table cloth cover, and confetti.  Everything else I already had such as the train/tracks, banners, etc...

Family pic (minus a sleeping Jacob)...

Matthew and some of his cousins...

The face says it all...too much blue fondant/icing! :)

Couple short videos of the party...

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Elated to know about your birthday party. Few weeks ago, I arranged my best friend’s birthday dinner at one of the beautiful New York Event Venues. Arranged a beautiful table centerpiece and everyone liked this very much. Had an excellent party.