Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Clever Clovers

 I came across these cute fun treats a few weeks ago while reading the Disney Family Fun Magazine.  I immediately knew I had to make them for St. Patrick's Day.  They are really simple, and oh so adorable!  What a great idea!

Start by arranging some yogurt-covered mini pretzels on wax paper as shown, adding broken pieces for the "stem"...

Combine 1/4 tsp. vegetable oil with 1/4 cup white chocolate chips an melt them together in the microwave according to the chips' package directions.  Dab the mixture between the pretzel pieces to adhere them.  Let the chocolate harden.

Working with one clover at a time, pipe the edges and stem with green icing (I used some cheap pre-made store brand icing, and added green food coloring to it.  I then placed it in a piping tube fitted with a round tip.)

Then quickly sprinkle them with decorating sugar (I used white, and green).

Voila!  Cute "Clever Clovers" for St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy...

No comments: