Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Farm Fresh Veggies

I recently signed up to start getting a weekly basket or "share" from Anderson Organics Farm.  I am loving all the fresh organic veggies so far!  Everything is so good, and I love that it is fresh, local, and organic.  We are trying really hard in the Doherty household to eat right, and that includes eating more vegetables.  I love the challenge the shares give me each week to come up with fun and creative ways to use what we have.  This past week I came up with a easy, yummy, summer meal going off of a couple different recipes I saw in magazines, and it was a hit!  So much so, that when I shared the pics with Kelli from the farm, she asked if she could use them and the recipes in their weekly newsletter! Here is a link to the newsletter and my recipes.

Grilled Arugula Bruschetta...

Our dinner...

Our first couple of "shares" from the farm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM!! We joined a CSA too here! It is a challenge but a HUGE learning experience!! Glad you are liking it!