Friday, September 21, 2012

Linguine with Clam Sauce


Woah.  Posting another recipe in under a week!  A record for me.  This is one of those "retro recipes" I like to call them, that my parents picked up early in their marriage.  It is so quick, so easy to make, and both satisfying and good.  Of course that is if you are a seafood person. :)  This really is super yummy...I would recommend giving it a try!

Here is what you will need.  Not pictured is the flat leaf parsley, which is an optional garnish.  I also ended up halving the recipe (which is very easy to do), since it was just my Mother and I, and my two munchins.  Recipe below is the full recipe.

Make your sauce...

Add your cooked linguine...

Enjoy!

Linguine with Clam Sauce

1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick)
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2-3 Tbs. of Flour
1/2 Cup Dry Vermouth
3 or 4 (Large) Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 (6.5 or 7.5 ounce) Cans of Minced Clams with Juice, undrained
1 Lb. of Linguine, cooked according to package directions
Freshly Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley, optional garnish

In a large saucepan or deep skillet, melt butter and stir in flour with a whisk.  (I did this over medium to medium high heat.)  Add chicken broth and cook, stirring until mixture thickens.  Add clams (with their juices), and garlic.  Simmer the sauce for 15 to 20 minutes.  Meanwhile cook the linguine.  Drain the linguine and add to the sauce.  Stir to combine.  Serve with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley if desired.

Bon Appetit!

Pin It


No comments: