Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Creamy Pumpkin Dip


This is one of my favorite Fall "party" dips.  A sweet and creamy pumpkin dip!  I got this recipe years ago from Southern Living.  It makes a ton, so I usually end of having the recipe.  If you halve the recipe like I did, make sure to save the other half of the can of pumpkin for another great recipe such as pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

Here is what you will need...

Apologies for this gross looking picture.  DO NOT do what I did, and beat everything together at once.  Recipe says to beat the cream cheese until creamy first.  In my excitement, I tossed everything in together, and beat it all at once.  Took me awhile to get it creamy.  It is so much more creamy if you follow the recipe right! :)

You can serve it in a cute bowl, or inside a pie pumpkin like I did!  Many thanks to the hubster who carved it out for me.  I used one of my boys plastic orange bowls to sit inside of it...

Serve with graham cracker sticks and ginger snaps.  I HIGHLY recommend Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps...so good!

Creamy Pumpkin Dip

2 - 8 oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, softened
1 - 16 oz. Package of Powdered Sugar
1 - 16 oz. Can Pumpkin
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.  Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Serve immediately, or cover and chill.  Serve with ginger snaps and/or graham cracker sticks.  Yields 5 Cups. 

Pin It

No comments: