Thursday, November 12, 2009

Southern Indiana Visit: Food

We enjoyed many a great meal while on the "farm". Both my Grandmother and Aunt Jean are awesome cooks, so I guess you can say it's in my blood. :o) Below is the recipe for my Aunt Jean's awesome pork roast with herbs. I cannot begin to tell you how good it is!

Bounty from the garden, and me admiring some peppers...


Well, if this meal is wrong, then I don't want to be right! My Grandmother's pot roast with mash potatoes and gravy with all the fixins'...

Roast Pork with Herbs

In a bowl mix 2 tsp. each salt and rosemary; 1 1/2 tsp. each oregano, thyme (leaf) and sage (rubbed); 1/4 tsp. each pepper and nutmeg. Spread this mixture all over a nice boneless pork loin roast. Add a bay leaf on top. Wrap in two pieces of parchment paper and secure with butcher's string. Place on a pan, and cook in a 200 degree oven for at least 7 hours. Note: You could also cook this in a dutch oven (no parchment paper), covered in the oven at 325 degree for a little over 3 hours...

Unwrap the finished cooked product and gaze upon what you have created, for it is good, very good! Slice and enjoy...

No comments: