Saturday, January 16, 2010

Missouri Munch Granola

I made this yummy granola this past week.  Don't ask me why it is named "Missouri Munch", but I'm sure there is a reason, and that was just the title given by the friend who I got the recipe from.  We all enjoyed it very much.  Very good over yogurt, fresh fruit, or just to "munch" on!



Missouri Munch Granola

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 Tbs. molassas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbs. vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. old fashioned rolled oats (dry oatmeal)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I used salted)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup wheat germ (I used honey flavored)
1 cup Grape Nuts Cereal
1 Tbs. cinnamon

Preheat oven  to 350 degrees.  In a saucepan, melt  and mix together first 7 ingredients; cool slightly.  Combine remaining ingredients in a very large bowl; mix well.  Pour in liquid mixture; mix together well.  Spread into a shallow, lightly greased pan (I used a jelly-roll style pan).  

Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

Makes 2 1/2 quarts

Enjoy! 

No comments: