I saw this recipe being demonstrated at our Farmer's Market this past Wednesday. I knew I had make it this weekend when Chris was home. It screams summer with all the fresh veggies and the grilled chicken. I used half yellow wax beans, and half green bean just to add more color. I also love the garlicy/tarragon dressing it is tossed with. It makes the salad!
Grilled Chicken and Yellow Wax Bean Salad
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. dijon mustard
3 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbs. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
4 red skinned potatoes
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 lb. yellow wax beans, cut into 2 inch pieces, cooked until tender
1/2 lbs. green beans, cut into 2 inch peices, cooked until tender
8-10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
sprigs of tarragon for garnish
Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl, or shake vigorously with a jar.
1. Place the chicken breasts in a glass dish or plate and pour 1/4 cup dressing over them. Turn to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes to come up to room temperature.
2. Parboil the potatoes until just tender, about 10 mintues. Slice 1/2 inch thick. Brush with some of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Brush the red onion slices with the remaining olive oil and also season them with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the grill to medium hot. Grill the chicken, pototatoes, and onions until the chicken is done, the potatoes have nice grill marks, and the onion is tender.
5. Cut the potato and onion slices in quaters, and slice the chicken. (I cut them into bite-sized pieces.)
6. Compose the salad by tossing all the ingredients together, and tossing with the dressing. Garnish with more tarragon if desired.