The cast of characters...
*Note* The recipe calls for mayo...I only had Miracle Whip on hand, I think plain mayo would be better...
On a side note, just look at this bunch of fresh basil I bought for only a dollar! Made pesto sauce tonight...
Summer Salad with Fresh Dill
2-4 tomatoes (depending on size, etc...pick a few of different colors!)
sprinkles of salt
1 cucumber, peeled
1 onion (I used red)
1 bell pepper (I used green)
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper
1. Cut tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt, and invert on a paper towel for 15 minutes. Chop.
2. Chop cucumber, place in a colander, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Chop onion and bell pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and bell pepper.
5. Blend sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl.
6. Dollop dressing on mixed vegetables. Serve.